Fortinet Unveils the New FortiGate-VMX Firewall Engineered for VMware Virtualization Solutions
Last February 3, 2015, Fortinet announced its union with the VMware NSX partner ecosystem. It has also revealed that its new FortiGate-VMX firewall appliance will be based on VMware vSphere and VMware NSX virtualization platforms.
The rise of the cloud and virtual infrastructure has ignited a revolution in the way security is applied in the data center. Fortinet’s new VMX solution, VMware vSphere and VMware NSX is a response to this trend, allowing customers to take full advantage of Fortinet’s leading approach to security.
The SDDC promises a highly automated, easily managed platform that embraces and secures all applications, for fast, safe deployment across data centers, clouds and mobile devices. Fortinet and VMware are uniquely positioned to deliver on this promise, providing the highest levels of security in virtualized environments.
Key FortiGate-VMX features include:
- Current interoperability with VMware vSphere and vCloud Suite®
- Future interoperability with VMware NSX
- Centralized management across FortiGate-VMX security appliances
- Visibility into all vSphere virtual network traffic
- Auto-deployment and provisioning FortiGate-VMX elastically to new ESXi hosts
- Instant-on protection of new VM workloads
- Ability to retail session-state across vMotion® live migration events
- Object-based protection rules that follow VM’s across IP or MAC address changes
Purpose-built virtual security appliances will be increasingly used alongside hardware appliances to secure enterprise data centers, which are becoming increasingly dynamic due to rapid adoption of server virtualization and SDN. Fortinet is doing well in enterprise data centers, with a string of new customer wins and highly competitive hardware price-to-performance; this success will be bolstered by virtual appliance integration with VMware’s virtualization and SDDC platform.
The Convergence of Virtualization and Security, VMware NSX, and the New FortiGate-VMX http://t.co/ARjwY2NGYd
— Fortinet (@Fortinet) February 3, 2015
Learn more about Fortinet Philippines