The HP 5130 EI Switch Series are Gigabit Ethernet switches that support static and RIP Layer 3 routing, diversified services, IPv6 forwarding and provide four 10-Gigabit Ethernet extended interfaces.
The HP 5130 EI Switch Series delivers flexibility, scalability and low TCO at the access layer of medium and large enterprise campus networks. Offering enterprise class QoS and security, HP Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) stacking, static layer 3 routing and RIP, convenient fixed 10GbE uplink ports, PoE+, ACLs, IPv6 and delivers energy savings with Energy Efficient Ethernet.
The HP 5130 EI Switch Series is SDN ready with OpenFlow 1.3 support, can be managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network, and includes Lifetime Warranty 2.0.
- Scalable managed switches with static layer 3 routing, RIP and 9 chassis IRF stacking
- Four fixed 10GbE uplinks (SFP+)
- PoE+ models for voice, video and wireless
- OpenFlow 1.3 support
- Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24×7 phone support
Scalable and Flexible Access Layer Switches
- The HP 5130 EI Switch Series delivers flexibility, scalability and low TCO at the access layer of medium- and large-enterprise campus networks. The 5130 supports stacking, fixed 10GbE ports, static layer 3 routing and RIP v1/v2, PoE+, ACLs, IPv6 and power savings with Energy Efficient Ethernet.
- The HP Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks and longer distance stacking of up to 70 km.
- Four fixed 10GbE uplinks (SFP+) deliver performance for bandwidth intensive applications.
- Includes Software-defined Network (SDN) capabilities with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
- Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24×7 phone support and no software licensing required.
Improved Quality of Service with Traffic Management
- The HP 5130 EI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which groups traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2 and 3 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Provides traffic prioritization with supported congestion actions include: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted random early detection (WRED), and SP+WRR and traffic policing with Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate.
- Reduce unwanted network traffic with broadcast control allows limitation of broadcast traffic rate to cut down on unwanted network broadcast traffic.
Comprehensive Security Control
- The HP 5130 EI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X and MAC Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication. Per-user access control lists (ACLs) provide identity-driven security and access control.
- ACLs provide IP Layer 2 to Layer 4 traffic filtering; supports global ACL, VLAN ACL, port ACL, and IPv6 ACL.
- Security with encryption of access methods (CLI, GUI, or MIB) through SSHv2, SSL, and/or SNMPv3, and other features including DHCP protection, IP source guard, dynamic ARP protection and RADIUS/HWTACAS.
Single View of the Network
- The HP 5130 EI Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.